as he’s released
Convicted former Delta state governor, James Ibori has been released from prison. He was released today, December 21, 2016, after being jailed on April 17, 2012 by the Southwark Crown Court.
Ibori was nabbed in Dubai on May 13, 2010 and extradited to UK in April 2011 after being declared wanted by UK Metropolitan Police. Ibori was accused of stealing and laundering more than $200m from Nigeria, belonging to Delta State.
Funny enough, some Delta people say they don’t mind he can steal their money as he likes. Lol!
See the expensive assets that were seized from Ibori:
1. A house in Hampstead, North London worth £2.2million.
Exclusive home that Ibori bought in Hampstead, North London, with £2.2million in cash in 2001. (Daily Mail)
2. A property in Shaftesbury, Dorset for £311,000.
A property James Ibori bought in Shaftesbury, Dorset, for £311,000 in 2005 (Daily Mail)
3. A fleet of armoured Range Rovers valued at £600,000.
Ibori owned a fleet of armoured Range Rovers including this one pictured. (Daily Mail)
4. A £120,000 Bentley Continental GT.
James Ibori owned a number of cars including this Bentley Continental worth £120,000. (Daily Mail)
5. A £3.2m mansion in Sandton, near Johannesburg, South Africa.
6. A Mercedes Benz Maybach
– the machine was bought for €407,000 cash, and was shipped direct to his mansion in South Africa.
However, despite being freed from prison, Ibori might not be able to return to Nigeria yet. This is due to a pending case concerning the confiscation of his assets worth tens of millions of dollars.
#news #gists #politics #nigeriancelebrity #nigeriannews #breakingnews