AFIT Courses – List of Undergraduate courses/Programmes offered at Airforce Institute of Technology (AFIT). AFIT Undergraduate courses which accredited by the National University Commission (NUC) has several programmes.
This page have all the list of Airforce Institute of Technology (AFIT) Undergraduate courses accredited by NUC.
Do you want to find out the list of courses you can study at the Airforce Institute of Technology (AFIT)? Below are the list of high-quality courses on offer at the Airforce Institute of Technology .
AFIT Courses and Programmes.
This catalog is primarily for use by prospective students in search of Courses offered by the Airforce Institute of Technology i.e. AFIT Courses.
- Basic Aircraft Maintenance Course
- ND Aircraft Engineering Technology
- ND Business Administration and Management
- ND Civil Engineering Technology
- ND Electrical Electronics Engineering Technology
- ND Explosive Ordnance Technology
- ND Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Pre-ND Science and Technology
Air Force Institute of Technology requirements for OND
i) JAMB UTME cut-off pass mark and pass in AFIT’s post-JAMB UTME screening test and;
ii) Minimum of WASC/GCE/SSCE/NECO/NTC/NABTEB with at least a pass in English Language and credit passes in 5 subjects in not more than 2 sittings. The subjects must include Mathematics, Physic, Chemistry and 2 other subjects from Additional Mathematics, Biology, Geography, Statistics, Technical Drawing, Auto-Mechanics and Metal Work
Higher National Diploma (HND) Courses Offered at Air Force Institute of Technology:
- Aircraft Engineering Technology (Airframe/Power Plant Option).
- Aircraft Engineering Technology (Avionics Option).
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology.
- Purchasing and Supply.
Requirements for Higher National Diploma
i) ND with a minimum of lower credit pass (CGPA of 2.50) in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical/|Electronics Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Material Science Engineering or Business Administration and Management (as applicable) and;
ii) A Minimum of one year post-ND cognate work experience.
Related article: Nigeria Police academy courses and admission requirements
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes:
- Aerospace Engineering (Aeromechanical Option).
- Aerospace Engineering (Avionics Option).
- Supply Chain Management.
i) Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes in Aerospace Engineering. A minimum grade of Second Class Honours in Engineering, Material Sciences or Physics.
ii) Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes in Supply Chain Management. A minimum grade of Second Class Honours in Purchasing & Supply and other related fields.
The PGD in Aerospace Engineering at AFIT is a one-year programme that is specially designed to prepare candidates for one-year MSc programme in aerospace engineering at Cranfield University, United Kingdom (UK). Candidates, who on completion of the PGD programme, wish to enroll for the Masters’ Programme at Cranfield University, UK can choose to specialize in one of the following fields:
- MSc Aerospace Vehicle Design (Airframe and Airframe Systems Option).
- MSc Aerospace Vehicle Design (Avionics Systems Design Option).
- MSc Thermal Power.
- MSc Computation Fluid Dynamics.
- MSc Flight Dynamics.
For more information, kindly visit the AFIT portal afit.edu.ng